Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday Cheer: Home Decor



Hi everyone!

I know it’s been a while since we've been here and this isn’t even a nail post... but with the holiday season around the corner I thought I should share some inspiring DIY holiday ideas. Hopefully you guys will enjoy :)

Christmas is actually my favorite holiday and it's been years since our family last had a Christmas tree. Sad, I know. I'm hoping we'll end up buying one this year but I don't know if we have enough space in our home. In order to compensate for this I did some decorating with a couple things we had around the house and a few ornaments we brought last year.

Keep on scrolling for more ideas and where to shop!
First up, nutcracker men! My mom and I found these two men at our local Winners. I was browsing around and they had a whole little section of nutcracker men ranging from $7.99 to $24.99CAD (might be even less than that). The guy on the left cost me $19.99 and $14.99 for the smaller guy. I was quite pleased with the prices, considering I saw other men for $40 at The Bay. The glittery reindeer you see here were from the Dollarama...which btw you should check out. They have a lot of Christmas items that are pretty decent in quality.

Runner up, we have a long vase that I also picked up from the Dollarama ($3ea, crazy huh?)I ended up filling it with a couple of ornaments I picked up on sale at the Real Canadian Superstore.

Now we have two smaller nutcracker men that I picked up from the Dollarama ($2ea). In between the two men, I used an old fish bowl I had laying around my basement and filled it up with the rest of my christmas ornaments.

Here we have a couple of cards I made. You can find a lot of ideas online, or even try to duplicate some of the cards you like (hey, our family members don't need to know where we find our 'inspiration'). I brought the card & envelope kit from Michaels using a 40% coupon. I highly recommend that you guys check Michael's website for coupons, they often have coupons where you can save 40-50% off 1 regular priced item or 20% your whole purchase.

Lastly we will finish with Frosty. This guy was crocheted together last year, he's a total cutie. Great for decorating the place or to give away as a gift.

Well I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holiday. Hopefully my pictures have inspired some of you to look around the house and do some decorating of your own! Until next time...
-vee





5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know I'm late in saying this... but thank you very much :D

      I hope it as inspiring!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
    Anyway keep up the nice quality writing,
    it's rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.

    my blog post; Cheap Oakley Sunglasses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I
    am waiting for your further write ups thank you once again.



    my homepage :: Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses

    ReplyDelete