Sunday, February 19, 2012

An exciting day

So it's been a long time since I've been excited about nail polish. Over the last few months I've lost my excitement for them because there wasn't anything really new... and nothing really tickled my fancy. It's so much harder to justify buying any more polishes because we already have too much. But yesterday as I was shopping around this is what I came across! (Sorry for the quality these were taken from my iPhone, high-resolution coming soon).

Nail Bar at SephoraSephora at Yorkdale opened a little Nail Bar island. I know they usually have their own stand for Sephora by OPI, but none of them did anything for me... it was like "okay, what else is new". But when I saw this nail bar, I felt like a kid in a candy store. I mean... canadian girls TAKE A LOOK AT THE TOP ROW! Sephora is finally carrying Illamasqua in Canada!. I think I was a little overwhelmed, not to mention they were having a promotion so they were going for $14CAD. I might of been to fixated on Illamasqua, but I should mention it looks like Dior expanded their nail line. A couple of them were pretty impressive/expensive at $24CAD.

SHOP MACI thought this was cool looking. This was a display outside The Bay for MAC's SHOP collection. It was set up like shopping aisles.

End of the day, this is what I ended up with:
Illamasqua Lament, PhallicIllamasqua Lament and Phallic. Lament was a color I was interested in for a long time. I mean it's pink, coral and bright! I could not help myself. Although this color is not that unique, there are definitely cheaper alternatives like: essie's cute as a button and wet and wild 437F.

As for Phallic, Milan did a quick swatch for me in-store. It was deep, rich with beautiful shimmer. I was sold, I threw back Milf and Jo'Mina for it.

YSL Volupte Sheer Candy 2Lastly I brought YSL's new Volupte Sheer Candy in #2 Dewy Papaya. This one smelt really good. The color is very sheer, but I brought it to wear over my other YSL Volupte lipstick. I'm sure there are many alternatives to this one, any sheer lip product will do...haha. ($38CAD).


-vee


5 comments:

  1. Susie: I know! A great product in pretty packaging...It's a lethal combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pretty happy that Sephora is now selling Illa's too...seen them at Christmas time and picked up a few myself!

    Now if only we could have access to Catrice, Essence, Models Own, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mrsrexy: Do you know if all sephora locations carry them? This was my first time yesterday!

    Oh and I noticed we have Misa at Trade Secret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh really nice! Hopefully my closest Sephora gets a nail bar soon!

    ReplyDelete