Monday, April 25, 2011

Nicole by OPI: Canadian Star


SET YOUR EYES TO STUNNED (warning: this is a picture-heavy post).

Shade:
Nicole by OPI Canadian Star swatch

Nicole by OPI One Less Lonely Girl Collection swatches

Nicole by OPI Canadian Star One Less Lonely Girl

Nicole by OPI duochrome flakies

Direct Sunlight:
Nicole by OPI Justin Bieber One Less Lonely Girl swatches

Nicole by OPI Canadian Star

Indoor:
Canadian Star Nicole by OPI

Video:



This is from the Justin Bieber One Less Lonely Girl Collection. This is definitely the star of the collection (haha, no pun intended).

This is 4 coats. The formula is somewhat sheer. Even with 4 coats I can still see through my nails when I hold my hands up to the light, but I don’t mind. In this case, I didn’t mind the brush even though it was still hard to evenly distribute the glitter since it was opaque after a few coats. It was also a lot easier for me to apply the polish around the cuticles.

This polish flashes purple, blue and pink and has a really unique finish (I included a close-up of this in the second photo). This seems to be a duochrome shimmer with flakies. The best thing about it is you don’t have to be outdoors to enjoy this colour. It still looks amazing in indoors lighting, but it looks even better in sunlight in real life (its beauty was hard to capture with my camera so hopefully the video gave you all a better idea of what it looks like in real life :3).

AHHHHH. My eyes are very happy with this one. This is the funkiest colour I’ve ever tried (I’m not usually too adventurous with my nail polishes), but I’m really glad I did.

*This was sent for review

-m



12 comments:

  1. This is fantastic!! Where can I get it? :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that color. A darker, yet similar color is OPI's Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh! very pretty, it reminds me of the purple Sally Hansen HD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was this that mysterious "Canada Only" release of Justin Bieber polishes I heard about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.o I don't remember seeing this one before. I think I need it! That's super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! I guess I'm gonna have to stalk my local SDM's for this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, just wow, that is stunning! Do want!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous.
    Only flaw is the Bieber sign over this shade...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That colour is stunningly pretty! I can't believe it's from the Justin Bieber collection, it does mildly tarnish such a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tamara: You can get this is Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada!

    Elle & Danielle: :D OoO thanks for the suggestions!

    PolishGalore: Yeah I think so. This only available at Shoppers Drug Mart. It's strange because Canadians never get anything exclusive, haha.

    Meeka & Une Ruxi a Paris: Thanks! :D

    mrsrexy: Thanks! Hehe. I haven't seen this part of the collection yet in stores. I will update you if I do see it, from one Torontonian to another. ;D

    Shiny!: Thanks a lot! :)

    Smaltoitaliano: Thanks! Haha! Yeah, I still find the whole Bieber + nail polish thing a little weird. :P

    Ning: Thanks :D

    The Nail Buff: Hehe, thanks! Yeah, who would've thought some of the nicest colours would be inspired by Justin Bieber? xD

    ReplyDelete