Thursday, March 31, 2011

OPI: Pearl of Wisdom


Direct Sunlight:
OPI Pearl of Wisdom swatch

Shade:
OPI Hong Kong collection pearl of wisdom swatch
This was the first bottle of OPI I have ever purchased. To be quite honest, I think the name of this polish swayed me into purchasing it. B) I also brought this because I favored “low-maintenance” colours at the time. Back then, I liked colours that were subtle so when chipping occurred, it wouldn’t be noticeable haha.

The colour of this polish flashes silver, green, and pink depending on the lighting. It also has subtle shimmer in it. I’m wearing 3 coats in this picture. I’m quite sure this will always have a VNL, so it might be best to layer it over another colour if a VNL bothers you. I highly suggest applying this polish with thin coats. I applied this one with fairly thick coats. Also, I apparently didn’t wait long enough between coats because I realized it was still dent-able even after 5 hours and had a couple bubbles. Sigh.

I’m not sure what I was thinking when I brought this. I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it either. Maybe I’ll feel different when I try layering this colour.

-m


3 comments:

  1. Your nails are perfect to showcase this cool polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimberly! I'm really flattered! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaa, your review is funny. You seem confused =P. And I agree with Kimberly; your nails are beautiful and perfect to show this polish ^^.

    ReplyDelete