Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Nicole By OPI: One Less Lonely Glitter (w. video)


Outdoor:
Nicole by OPI One less lonely glitter swatch

Indoor:
Nicole by OPI Justin Bieber swatches

Hand:
Justin Bieber One Less Lonely

Video:



I had to add a little video for this one so you can see it's true essences. In the picture it's hard to do that. I'm wearing 3-4 coats here, the polish has okay coverage on it. In this lavender polish, there is a mixture of smaller glitter and larger circle-like chunks.

The polish dries pretty quick, and that's usually the case for glitter polishes. I do however recommend finishing off with top-coat to give it this "glassy" look to it. What I did was, I added one layer of a thin top coat (Revlon's Extra Life) and once that completely dries up I added a thicker topcoat (Dazzle Dry). I think it is quite effective when you wear glitter polishes. I just feel that when you put on a thinner top coat, after it dries... it sinks into the glitter and you don't have that glassy look.

In terms of wear, I find that glitters chip more quickly than other polishes. I had chipping on the 4th day of wear. It wasn't big chips or anything, but I can't stand wearing a mani with the slightest chip. Oh, it also took me forever to remove all the glitter. I was rubbing like crazy, I even tried dipping a cheap toothbrush into acetone and brushing it off. In the end I did the "foil" technique, which seems to work the best. haha.

To my Asian friends, tommorrow is new years so.... Happy Asian New Year! Gung Hay Fat Choy, and Chuc Mung Nam Moi :) Those are the only lanuages I know. LOL

*This was sent for review

-vee


5 comments:

  1. I must say, I really like this color! So cute! Love the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty colour, reminds me of Claire's purple glitter mood polish :) Great tip about a thin and thick coats for glitters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lois: Yea! I was surprised how much I liked it. It's a nice change from cremes. Although my elbow didn't like it much when I had to remove it.

    Danielle: Oh? I think I have that glitter polish, I should try it out :) lol, so bad, I forget I have certain colors... haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty purple glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gong Xi Fa Cai ;), in Mandarin Chinese ^^.

    And I love this one on you!

    ReplyDelete