Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sephora by OPI: Metro Chic (Sister Duo)


Direct Sunlight:
Sephora by OPI Metro Chic

Sephora by OPI Metro Chic Swatch

Shade:
Below Deck dupe

Indoor:
Sephora by OPI Metro Chic review

This is such an appropriate time to show up a old favorite. Not to long ago everyone was NUTS about this color.

So far from the promotional pictures of China Glaze's Anchors Away collection, it looks very similar to "Below Deck". AllYouDesire did a nice post on the collection. It's a very nice color (Metro Chic & Below Deck), I'm really debating if it's worth it for me to get this one because it's so similar. I do like Life Preserver and Sea Spray.

Okay back the Metro Chic. As much as I adore this color, but I'm not sure if it's just my batch but mine runs a bit on the sheer side. I'm wearing 4 coats here.

-vee



Direct Sunlight:
sephora by opi metro chic swatch


Indoors:
sephora by opi taupe

Indoors Hand:
sephora by opi mushroom taupe

I like this more than OPI’s You Don't know Jacques! I usually get tip-wear within one day of wearing You Don't know Jacques! This mani lasted for 7 days without significant tip-wear! There’s a slight hint of purple that is more noticeable in this colour.

I’m wearing 4 coats and top coat in these pictures. I could’ve stopped at 3 or maybe even 2 coats but it was still see-through when I held my hands up to the light. Other than that, there were no application troubles.

This is such a nice mushroom taupe... Gosh, I love taupes.

-m


1 comment:

  1. I love this kind of color! The only reason I don't have Metro Chic is because I'm cheap, and I think $OPI is overpriced. :)

    ReplyDelete