Monday, January 17, 2011

Deborah Lippmann: Waking Up in Vegas


Shade:
Lady Gaga Vanity Fair

Indoor:
Deborah Lippmann Waking Up in Vegas Swatch

The Lippmann Collection Waking Up in Vegas


I decided to do a repost, since the first swatches I had up were not that good.

Initial Review:To be honest, I'm not sure if I like it that much. I mean, it's okay. I don’t know if it`s just me but sometimes when I apply a color that I`m not too crazy about, I tend to go into denial and force myself to like it. LOL!

Another thing I noticed is that the polish dries matte, and the color is more cool toned when dried. I actually prefer the color it looks when it's wet and freshly applied.

Overall, I find the polish applied very smoothly but I wasn`t crazy about the thin brush. The bottle also had an interesting smell, it's a bit different than other polish – I like the smell… lol. I used…uh - 2 or 3 coats in these pictures with top coat.

Now: The reason why I decided to try it again and give it a second chance was because Lady Gaga wore it on the cover of Vanity Fair. Now that I look at it, I think the color is okay. Okay, being the word. It's cool, and neutral... suitable for work. I'm still not that crazy about it. But I paid 22 dollars for it so... I'm going to force myself to love it. haha.

-vee


3 comments:

  1. approved! :D

    Cs1993

    *my new space: http://nadaparavestir1993.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks gorgeous on your skintone!

    ReplyDelete