Monday, August 2, 2010

Sailor Stripes


Outdoor:
Salior stripes nail art

Indoor:
Nautical Nail art

I’ve been in love in anything nautical theme for years now. After seeing Lacquerized’s post I’ve been wanting to try it out for some time. I thought it was cute but I couldn’t do the design without an opaque black. :(

At home I had a couple of striping brushes and my only black is China Glaze’s Liquid Leather (which is too sheer to create nice lines).

Jenny from Claire’s/Icing was nice enough to give me a couple of nail art products so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to test them out :D

The Claire’s Nail Design Pen was nice and fine. I think it would be great for making detailed designs, dotting or even creating outlines before coloring it in with polish because I can go crooked eyed/hand sometimes. LOL.

Claire's Nail art pen
Note: This pen comes out semi-opaque. (This one retails for $8.50US / $9.70CAD)

As for Icing’s Black fine tip brush, it was great! It’s a lot easier to use this than to dip my striping brushes into my regular nail polish bottles because sometimes I don’t grab enough paint and half way down my line it starts to dry out. The color was very opaque, and the brush was nice and long – the lines drew themselves! I definitely recommend this one. Time for me to go buy a white one, hehe.
(Price:$4.50US / $5.00CAD)

Overall, I am quite happy with how this nail design came out! I think I’m going to pat myself on the back and continue to wear it for a few more days :)

What I used:
Essie, Claire's, China Glaze, Icing
______1• Essie: Knockout Pout
______2• Claire’s Nail Design Pen in White
______3• China Glaze: White on White
______4• Icing’s Black Fine Tip Brush

Steps:
______1• Paint Nails with a base color
______2• Using the nail design pen mark where you want the stripe area to begin and fill it
______3• Fill in the area again using a white polish to create an opaque look
______4• Using a black fine tip brush carefully place 3 lines on top of the white area

Close Up:


Have fun! If you do remake it, comment below and link it! I wanna see!!

-vee


12 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I like it! I have been wanting to do something similar...now may be the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trincess: Thank you! and remaking it on the left hand was quite easy as well. Sometimes I dread doing my right hand. LOL

    Zara: Yes, do it! Then show me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute and well done! I love it ;D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! :D I'm hoping to get some more nail art done soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great design and colors! im now a follower =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this mani, the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Veronica: Oh thank you for the follow & compliment!!

    Melacine: Thanks!

    Apple Juice: Oh yea, I loved this color combination. Essie's Knockout Pout is such a great color!

    ReplyDelete