Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nicole by OPI: Gossip Girl Collection


Too Rich for You:
Direct Sunlight:
Nicole by opi Too rich for you

Shade:
OPI too rich for you

Indoor:
nicole by opi - Too rich for you gossip girl collection

I love this name. Haha! It’s so stuck up, I love it.

Now this color is my 2nd favourite. It has a blacken blue base, topped with a duo chrome subtle shimmer that sparkles blue/green. (More so blue than green.)

It is a two coater for this colour. But when you have longer nails like mine sometimes the extra coat helps because the excess of your nails doesn’t look fully opaque if you hold your hands up to the light.

I can definitely picture myself wearing this again when fall hits!


Nicole...Spotted!:
Direct Sunlight:
Nicole by OPI Nicole...Spotted!

Shade:
Nicole by opi Gossip Girl collection

Indoor:
Nicole by opi Nicole spotted

This color is quite strange actually... it’s like a jelly green with golden specks. It’s really out of my comfort zone. I don’t think it does anything for me...

This polish is a bit on the thicker side but that’s probably because of all the glitter. It dries relatively quickly however. Note that this color is on the sheer side, I went with four coats and still had a slight VNL.


Scandel...Secrets & Sparkle:
Direct Sunlight:
Scandel...Secrets & Sparkle nicole by opi

Shade:


Indoor:

Now, this one runs on the sheer side as well and took 3 coats. When I saw this I thought it would be only chunks of glitter but it also has small pearl-like shimmer to it which is kind of cool.

I think 4 coats would probably look better.

Party in the Penthouse:
Direct Sunlight:


Shade:


Indoor:

YESSS! I saved the best for last! This is my favorite by far! This is a metallic blue, it really reminds me of this blue gel pen I had YEARSSS ago. I used 3 coats here. It’s very pretty. Lol, it's rare that I find a frost pretty.

Errr, so pretty. Oh how I love blues! C'mon girls party in my penthouse! (LOL I wish)

***

Overall, I really like Too Rich for You & Party in the Penthouse. Both very pretty, and both had smooth application. As for Nicole...Spotted! & Scandel...Secrets & Sparkle both of them are not “me” at all. But I am curious for those of you who are into glittery polishes how do you feel about those two?


*These were sent for review
-vee





4 comments:

  1. I actually quite like Spotted, though I think I would layer it over Sephora by OPI Ocean Love Potion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zara: Yea, for me I was really unsure how I felt. Esp, the fact it was so sheer and my nails are long. So when you put it up into the light it looks strange. Perhaps one day I will layer it and see now that goes. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first and the last polish.

    ReplyDelete