Monday, July 26, 2010

My Favorite Cuticle Treatment(s)!


Number One: Lush's Lemony Flutter
Jar:


Jar Opened:


The reason why I like this one the most:
______ Texture/Consistency - it's easy to get out of the jar. When you apply it it has a cold feel to it and turns into oil once you rub it in.
______ Absorbency - Once on the skin it doesn't take long to absorb.
______ Smell - Smells like lemons!
______ Made fresh - On the back it tells you when it was made and when it is best until.
______Most value for your money - it costs around the same as the other two I've listed but contains much more product

Price: $12.95 CAD for 1.5oz


Number Two: Burt's Bee Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme



Now with this one, also a very good Cuticle butter but the one problem I have with it is that it's not as easy to take out. You can either rub you finger in there - or scrap it out with your nail. What I usually do is use a filbert brush.

The smell of this one is also like lemons, it smells a little more real than Lush's Lemony Flutter.

As for absorbency, this one takes a bit longer - I would recommend this one as a night butter.

Price:$7.99 CAD for 0.60oz


Number Three: Sephora by OPI's Brush-On Cuticle Oil


Lastly, Sephora's by OPI's Brush-on Cuticle Oil. This one smells great and I think it's good for keeping in your purse as an emergency oil. But I don't know... I feel like this one isn't worth it's money. Also the way you have to squeeze the stuff out - drives me nuts! Usually I don't see anything come out then I squeeze again and I get a big blob. *shakes fist*

This was the first oil I brought and it didn't do much for me, so I just keep it in my purse incase I were to ever look at my hands and realize my cuticles are dry. In those cases - it's pretty handy. I just wouldn't rely on this one on it's own.

Price: $9 US, $12 CAD for 0.25oz
-vee


15 comments:

  1. Your lemony flutter looks way different to mine! and mines like a bright yellow. It may just be the different country thing thoughhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I noticed on the site I saw some bright yellows. Mine is more pale and butter looking?

    It might be lol. Do you notice the back has a sticker of a person who made your batch? LOL how interesting huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is pale like yours. When my boyfriend saw the person on the back he couldn't stop laughing for a good 5min. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanelle: LOL haha, I was with my sister when we first brought it. We turned it over and looked at each other like "uhhhh..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only one of these that I've tried is the Sephora by OPI. I agree that it's not worth the price - it is so hard to get out, and then you get huge gloops! I have some cuticle cream that comes in a big jar, and I like to just put a little of it in an empty lip balm tin - it's great to carry in my purse and a lot easier to apply than the $OPI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lemony Flutter! I've tried all three and Flutter is by far superior. Mine looks just like yours and I'm in the USA! It lasts for over a year so it's a steal! Even my son loves it. "It smells like lemon Pez!" Give me Lemony Flutter any day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and mine IS a very pale yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zara: Yea, I can't believe I paid 13.56 for a small little tube!

    Mary Frances: I agree! I brought burts bee because I heard good things, and it was good - I even brought a back up. But when I tried Lemony Flutter I had to buy my own jar. Plus little sister over here doesn't like sharing hers. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't even knew these things existed. Bad bad.. I always use handcream all day long. When do you use these things?.. After doing a mani?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ning: I usually use it before going to bed. And I try to do it after washing my hands when I can... and sometimes after a mani!

    If you can get your hands on Lush, I definitely recommend that one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen a Lush Store somewhere, so the next time I pass by I will go in there and take a look/maybe buy something ;D.

    I've never been in there actually ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You might not want to linger too long in there, the smell of the store is too strong!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I can use a mask, hahaha =P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went to the Lush Store but they were sold out ;(.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no! what are the chances! :(

    At least you know the next time it's in stock it's a fresh batch!

    ReplyDelete