Friday, July 16, 2010

Betsey Johnson Challenge

This NOTD was made for Polish Hoarder Disorder's weekly challenge. For this week, we were supposed to pick a dress from the Betsey Johnson website and use the colors and elements as inspiration.

I personally do not like Betsey Johnson, I think her designs are too flashy and busy for my taste. So I was looking around and chose a dress I think I could realistically remake, and here it goes...

Indoors:


Dress:


I think this design kind of scares me LOL. I don't know what it is but it freaks me out when I see black with red flecks. (I know this isn't red) Deborah Lippmann - Ruby Red Slippers, is a prime example.

But yea, I used OPI's Strawberry maragarita as a base & image plate m57. I think it would look a lot better if I used a pastel color and used white special polish instead.
-vee


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!! IDK why it scares you LOL but really it's sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty mani. Great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    @ shortandsweetnails: I actually know why, many years ago there was this cartoon - movie if I recall correctly. There was this basement vault that was filled with black liquid with red specks in them... and thats all I remember!
    I've been trying to figure out what movie it was, but had no such luck. haha.

    Thanks everyone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog and I absolutely love your swatches & subtle konads here and there =) you girls have your own style, I really admire that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT - I LOVE IT!!

    I love everything you do =P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trincess: Oh thank you! I'm hoping to come up with more nail art. Something more... impressive. Practise makes perfect! lolol

    Ning: :) This makes me very happy to hear!

    ReplyDelete