Sunday, September 5, 2010

Skin Care Routine:

I decided to make a post on the skin care products I use daily. I figured it's appropriate on this blog because who doesn't want clear skin? A lot of people (both men and woman) have asked me what skincare products I use. So I decided to share with my lovely readers!

Now I'm very very picky with skincare products I use. I tend to stick to the same brands I know works for me, and I never experiment with different skincare lines. I think that once you have found something that works for you, you should stick to it. Same goes for foundation. If it works, why change it?

Most of the products I will show today comes from Shiseido. I've been using Shiseido for around 6 years now. Although the products have not been the same within those 6 years. When I was younger I used a different line called Pureness. But yea lets get on to the products and I'll continue yapping at the end, haha.

Make Up Remover:

Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser. This is my favorite cleanser recommended by my dermatologist. It's a mild cleanser for normal to dry skin. I think it's best to remove all make-up before washing your face, so I usually pump some product on to a few q-tips to remove all my eye make up, then I finish off with a cottom ball for the rest of my face. You can find this cleanser at Costco, they sell a litre of it for a very good price. (Somewhere around 10-15 dollars if I recall correctly.)





Cleansers:


Shiseido - Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam. $34US. This is my favorite cleanser of all time. It has these small little beads that help exfoliates your face, and removes the rest of your make up. You only need a very small amount to work up a lather. Once you're done your face feels squeeky clean! I'm serious, lol.







Shiseido - The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam. $30US. This is another one I like to use when I'm not using the Benefiance cleanser. This one is creamy and rich like the other one but it doesn't have the little beads. I like it because in the end you have the same squeeky clean feel to your face. It is very important to cleanse your face daily, because it cleanse and preps your skin for other skincare products. You don't want your pores to get clogged by make up, that's asking for a break out!



Toner:

Shiseido - Benefiance Enriched Balancing Softener. $42US. Now this is the step my mom always tell my sister and I to do. (We're a bit lazy when it comes to this one.) My mom says it's important to use toner because it softens the skin and get's it ready to eat some cream. This one smells great. I think the benefiance line is for older ladies, but I do what I want! I like to use anti-wrinkle cream occasionally too. It's never too early to start :D



Moisturize:

Shiseido - The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge - Regular. $42US. This is the Night version, they also offer a daytime version that includes SPF. Now I don't like using the daytime one because it's kind of heavy. It's important that your night cream doesn't have SPF because it's not good for the skin at that time. Now the sales rep might tell you to usea full pump for your face but don't. You only need like half a pump for the whole face. By the time you wake up in the morning your skin should be nice and moisturized. If it feels a bit oily just take a hot towel and wipe down your face.



Shiseido - The Skincare Eye Revitalizer.$40US. Now this one claims to "Rehydrate the delicate eye area with this advanced formula, featuring vitamin A Palmitate. Recommended for normal and combination skin types, the rejuvenating essential helps to minimize fine lines, wrinkles, and dullness." I'm a bit unsure if it does all of that. But my mom brought this for me a while ago, so I use it anyways. It has a cooling feel to it. You use about a drop, and lightly pat it around the whole eye area. This one I find a bit costly for such a small little tube.





Shiseido - Pureness Matifying Moisturizer Oil-Free.$32US. This is what I use in the day time. I like this one because it's very light weight. Sometimes in the morning, my nose area looks a bit dry so I like to use a little bit of moisturizer. Another thing I like to do is use a q-tip with the moisturizer and clean around my under eye before make up.





A helpful note: Now I know it gets a bit costly when you add up everything you need. A 30 there, a 50 here, next thing you know you've spend hundreds on preping your skin. Now what I recommend is waiting until Shiseido offers the gift with purchase. I know here in Canada it's spend $42 dollars before tax, and you qualify for the gift. (So in Canadian prices, usually 1 product would qualify for the gift)

Here is what I got last time:

These samples I asked for. You can always ask your sales rep if they have any samples in stock to give to you to try out. Especially if you are a regular customer, and depending on your sales lady they might pack on the free samples. lol

The bag with all the goodies. Most of the time they give you cute little cosmetic bags.

Lookie look! My favorite cleanser is in there! 30mL of it :D (This sample lasts a long time.) And they also included: Bio-Performance Super Corrective Serum, Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizer, Benefiance's Revitalizing Emulsion, and Perfect Mascara Defining Volume.

Last but not least, a tote bag.


I love Shiseido's gift with purchase. They are probably the only brand that offers gifts that I would actually use. My whole family uses their skincare line, and we always use up our samples too. The only thing we don't use is the free mascara or lipstick which they usually give.

So thats about everything I use on a daily basis. A good way to remember to moisturize everyday is to place the products near your bed. I do that with cuticle cream too, haha. After my face is done I like to work on my cuticles, not the other way around. I would feel like I'm cross contaminating. LOL

-vee



10 comments:

  1. It's interesting that you use two different cleansers. One to remove make-up and the other to cleanse. I usually use the same cleanser to do both. Would it be better to use two different ones?

    Also... You're making me so tempted to try shiseido.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say I love your blog! I tagged you with a couple of awards here:
    http://melacine.blogspot.com/2010/09/ive-been-tagged.html

    Thanks!
    Shel

    ReplyDelete
  3. CS1993: Thanks!

    Mari: I think it is better to remove your make up before cleansing your face. It helps remove more make up that way. Because sometimes I do skip the make up remover and try to remove it all in the shower with my cleanser. It's not quite the same! lol

    Melacine: awww thank you, thats so sweet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, Shiseido test their products on animals... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is true, but Shiseido plans to completely stop animal testing by March 2011. I hope that answers any of your concerns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vee ;).

    Nice blog again =D - but I have to admit that I haven't read everything this time, because I already use a product line #^^#.

    I use Dior for about more than 8 years now I think, I don't really remember when I started to use these products though. It began with my mom, she noticed that I had a very dry skin and she gave me some of her Dior skincare products.

    After a while I went for advice and got my own set of products from Dior but for a younger skintype - because that brand worked for me quite well. And now I still use this brand ;D. But as you said; different line these days, hahahaa! I get a little older too =P.

    It's funny that you use two different cleaners. I do that too! I use a cleansing water first to get the most of my make-up/dirt or something like that off my face. And after that I use a facewash and clean it with water ^^. I have to use water otherwise I feel so dirty =P.

    Dior skincare products are very expensive too. A regular cream costs about 50 euro's X.x but it's worth it ;D. Most of the time I use it for about 6 months before it is finished =P. And the skin on your face is very important :O. It can make you look 10 years older or younger ;).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ning: Oh yea, if you already found something that works definately stick to it!

    LOL,oh goodie I'm not the only one with two cleansers. I find that when I don't remove my make up before cleansing the morning after when I wake up, I can see residue from my eye make up.

    I definately agree that skin is very important. Plus when your skin is healthy it also "eats" the make up better. Have you ever noticed how some people's foundation looks a lot more natural than others?

    I definately don't want to look 10 years older! God forbid I ever get wrinkles. lol. My parents don't really have any. So the future is looking bright. and say if I do.... hmm I guess botox will help lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHAHAAHAH, you are so funny =P.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really are a fan of Shiseido. I'm also using two different cleanser: a mineral based make up remover from Omorovicza and Shiseido Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam. I love both products.

    ReplyDelete