Monday, March 1, 2010

FAQ



What is your current nail care routine?
Firstly, I start off with regular nail polish remover – I use Sally Hansen. I can usually remove everything in one cotton ball, or maximum two. Then I would wash my hands with some soap just to clean off whatever residue that is left behind.

After my nails are dried off I layer 1 coat of Nail Tek Foundation II. (This is my favourite base coat of all time; it treats my nails and at the same time fills out the slight ridges in my nails for a smoother application.)

Once I’m finished my mani, I like to apply some cuticle cream to help re-hydrate them.


What do I do when my polish thickens up? Should I throw it away?
No, you can always fix your thickened polish by simply adding a few drops of nail polish thinner. Polish thinner contains butyl acetate and ethyl acetate.

Depending on how thick your polish is, add a few drops at a time and check for consistency. If you accidently added too much, just leave your bottle open and check on it every 10-15 minutes.

If your polish has completely harden you may just want to go ahead and pour in the thinner, and let it sit for 30 minutes then mix it manually with a wooden stick.

Note: Never use nail polish remover regardless of what you had read. It will spoil your polish over time.


How do I keep my nail polish from bubbling?
A few tips to remember:
1) Never shake your nail polish bottle, instead roll it gently between your hands
2) Wait between coats, the coat should be touchable before adding another layer


How do you keep your nails long without breaking?
First off, I never use nail clippers as they put unnecessary pressure on the nails which will weaken and break down over time. Instead I use a nail file, crystal files are best – but I use a regular emery board.

Secondly, I never go without my Nail Tek Foundation II.

Thirdly, I do not use my nails as tools. Over time they will weaken if you use them as scrapers, picks, what not.

Lastly, I always keep my cuticles moisturized. Every time I wash my hands I try to moisturize them. Since I do wash my hands excessively, I just try my best! Happy cuticles = healthy nails.



More Questions?If there is a question that I have not answered, please feel free to contact me with an email!