Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Love: EOS Sphere Lip balm


Open:
EOS Sphere lip balm review

Individual Package @ RW:
EOS sphere lip balm

EOS 3-Pack:
EOS 3 pack

The packaging alone sold me. It was love at first sight. I've been wanting these for a long time but shipping to Canada was kind of pricy. So of course when I found them at Shoppers Drug Mart I brought Sweet Mint because it was the only flavor they had. Then later that week RW restocked and I brought the 3 pack + honeydew for just under 25 dollars. (Compare to how much they go for in the States, we Canadians pay almost double).

Don't mind me, I'm going to continue to ramble, so if you like to skip to the review click here.

These cute sphere balms come in five six different flavors. Of course, I'm going to list it below...

Flavors:
-Summer Fruit
-Honeysuckle Honeydew
-Lemon Drop SPF 15
-Sweet Mint
-Medicated Tangerine
-Pomegranate Raspberry - limited edition

So now I'm sitting here with my 3 pack, plus sweet mint and honeydew for my mom & sister. Of course, being the crazy person that I am... I wanted more! My daddy offered to help me get these in the States because his Co-workers fly in every week from the States. So I wrote out all the flavors I wanted. (Pretty much every flavor except Medicated Tangerine, one of my friends had it and she didn't like the smell too much). So in the end I ended up getting a total of four 3-packs, 2 lemons, 2 Summer fruit, 1 mint, and 3 honeydew. At least it works out to 10 for me, and 10 for my sister... that means I'm not that crazy... hahaha.

The Review:
I've been trying out Sweet Mint and Honeysuckle Honeydew, and I just smelt the rest of them, lol.

I find that these balms have a very good wear on them. It moisturizes without the heavy waxy feel to it, which I like. They stay on much longer than other lip treatments I've tried (Blistex & Aveeno).

When you first apply the balm, thats when the smell is most predominate, then as time passes you don't really smell anything. They also have a sweet taste to them! Sweet Mint taste and smell like mint candy canes, and as for for Honeysuckle Honeydew it has a very familiar smell that I can't put my finger on. Maybe Starburst candies? I'm not sure.

I should also note that they are 95% organic, 100% natural organic lip balm that’s petrolatum & paraben free.

You can buy these at their store online or you can use their store locator to find the closest locations.

For US girls: They go for $3.29 - 3.49 each, and $9.99 for the 3 pack
For Canadian girls: Shoppers sell them for $4.99 each, and RW & Co. Sell them for $6 each, or $16 for the 3 pack.

Btw, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! : )

-vee



7 comments:

  1. These lip balms are amazing. My own mother had to tell me about them awhile ago. I only have 2 but I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhh wish we got them in Aus. I really wanna try them!

    Happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like Easter Eggs, hahahaah!! So cute! I've never seen them over here ;(.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just bought this balm. It is really good!

    But as I am an eco-friendly and looking only for natural product person I would also recommend Homemade Cranberry Lip Balm.

    Combine a teaspoon of honey, a tablespoon of sweet almond oil and a drop of Vitamin E with 10 cranberries in a double broiler.

    Bring the mixture just to a boil, stirring frequently while you crush the cranberries.

    When the cranberries are crushed, remove it from the double broiler and let it cool for just a couple of minutes (you don’t want it to cool completely), then strain it to remove the cranberry pieces.

    Let it cool to room temperature, then spoon it into a little glass jar that you can carry with you.

    You’ll love this lip balm. It’s one of the best natural skin care treatments that will ever touch your lips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. L: I heard about these a while ago from other bloggers. The moment I found out we had some here in Canada I went nuts. And that’s what usually happens, I go crazy for a product buy a bunch then I calm down. Lol.

    Reeree: You can always buy them online if you’re willing to pay for shipping. On the website it says: “Shipping for orders comprising 6 or fewer individual lip balms (excluding gift sets) or hand lotions - or any combination thereof - is a flat rate of US $15.00” Unless you have family/friends that are traveling to the US soon, you can always ask them to stop buy a Walgreens, CVS, Target...

    Ning: hehe, I know I’m so crazy about the packaging. It’s so cute! Every time I pull it out someone usually makes a comment. Lolol

    SkinMDNatural: Glad to hear, and quite the interesting suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I've been looking for these everywhere! Which Shoppers and RW locations did you find them in?? Great post by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please i am going to milan (italy) and switzerland if anyone knows where i could find these please reply

    ReplyDelete